Thursday 14 July 2016

Henna gloss

Henna gloss is easy to apply and easy to rinse off, no fuss and no mess. I always preferred it over a full Henna application.
I do a Henna gloss once month. It's used for adding colour and adds a lovely "gloss" Totally can't do without this stuff.

A Henna gloss conditions and moisturises the hair at the same time. 
Here's what is needed for a Henna gloss-
Henna-  I use the Vatika brand.
Green tea- it helps to release the dye.
Oils- use what you prefer. I used coconut oil and avocado oil.
Conditioner- this helps to give the "gloss". Helps to soften the hair as well.
Use a container for mixing and gloves because Henna stains.
Make a strong cup of tea, use 2 or 3 teabags. Allow it cool and mix in a packet of Henna. Stir. Add the conditioner and two tablespoons each of the oils. Mix until smooth. 
Apply on clean damp hair. Make sure your hair is coated well. I always section my hair into four parts for easier application. Leave on for plus minus 2 to 4 hours or longer. It all depends on how much colour you want.  Then you rinse. And you rinse. And you rinse some more. Rinse until the water runs clear. Thereafter use conditioner. I wouldn't recommend using shampoo because it will strip your hair. Use more conditioner if you have to. I always deep condition afterwards. I never leave this step out.
Now you can rinse and style.
Voila! Your hair is now thicker,shinier and stronger. Adding a Henna gloss to your regime takes your hair results a few notches higher.

Do you use Henna? Try it you won't be sorry.

Stay beautiful Stay Magical
Xo Xo - Marlene Louw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Let's get picture ready!

What's up Magicals!         Last month I purchased an Essence  concealer at Dischem , they were having a sale, and you guys know ...