Friday 11 November 2016

Here is why you should try Ayurveda hair treatments....

Hello to all the lovely curlies!

 I tried a new ayurvedic powder! It's the Holy Basil also known as Tulsi! I was at our local Indian spice shop again, when I spotted it  and figured I would give it a go. I only got one sachet because I wasn’t sure how well I would like it.

Tulsi is a type of basil plant and is part of the mint family. It has antiseptic and antibacterial properties and is considered an anti-pollutant. It helps alleviate skin and scalp issues like dandruff, itchy scalp, ringworm, scabies, eczema. It protects and moisturizes your scalp. You can also use it on your face to treat blemishes and acne.
It is a green color in its powder form but when I mixed it with some green tea it turned into more of a brown color.

   

      I found that this paste didn't distribute very well because it was a bit too gritty to apply. I had to add a bit of conditioner to the mix. 

           

        
I used a whole sachet, I brewed some green tea and added some coconut oil and almond oil. Lastly I added a few drops of rosemary essential oil. 
In a medium size bowl, mix all ingredients together. I used three tea bags  to make a thick paste. Gently section your hair, and use an applicator brush to generously apply the mixture starting at the scalp, and working your way down the hair shaft. Cover with a plastic cap and allow mixture to sit on head for about an hour. I leave on for more,  it totally depends on you. Rinse thoroughly it requires a lot of rinsing. Use conditioner to cleanse. I use quite alot. Deep condition afterwards and always because the powders are very drying.

I’ve been impressed by the strengthening and growth properties of these ayurveda hair treatments. Join me here for some more tips and advice to healthy hair.

Have you tried any ayurveda hair 
treatments to your regimen? 

Until next time, 
Stay Natural     Stay Magical
Xo Xo -  Marlene Louw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Let's get picture ready!

What's up Magicals!         Last month I purchased an Essence  concealer at Dischem , they were having a sale, and you guys know ...