Thursday 3 November 2016

Durban Natural Social event....Recap

Hello again curlfriends!

The Durban Natural Social Day event was held this past Saturday and it was so much fun!! The founders, Maxine Arnold and Bryce Arnold did an awesome job of planning the event.


I must admit I really had no clue what to expect for this event and since I had no expectations I think this definitely heightened my overall experience.
It is an amazing accomplishment to see just how far the natural hair community and movement has grown. Women are beginning to value and see the beauty of their hair in its natural state.

We didn’t want the event to end, and everyone had an awesome afternoon of mingling and enjoying each other’s company. 


I saw women laughing, smiling, talking, hugging, shaking hands, air kissing, complimenting, and just genuinely showing love.One of my favorite parts about the event ((besides the goodies and cupcakes! hehe)) was the diversity of the panel. We each had a unique take on Natural hair. We all had the common motto of BE CONFIDENT in who you are because you are wonderfully and beautifully made...
Stunning handmade accessories by Marc Boss and African printed headwraps were on sale by the gorgeous Kim 
Kinsey Houston. Natural hair product range - The Perfect Curls, by the lovely Taryn Gill.
  
Taryn spilled the tea about everything from her humble beginnings to business,   natural hair & how she has been able to defy the odds and create a well known natural hair brand. It was awesome meeting her - what a strong woman!



I love to show off my goodies, so here’s a peek at what I received in my gift bag!


Thank you again Maxine and Arnold for inviting me to speak on the panel!!! . I didn’t realize how much I could talk about hair lol ((you would think I would know since I have a hair blog….duh lol)) 
It was so much fun and I hope to do it again.
Until next time,
Stay Natural - Stay Magical
Xoxo - Marlene Louw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Let's get picture ready!

What's up Magicals!         Last month I purchased an Essence  concealer at Dischem , they were having a sale, and you guys know ...