Sunday 4 December 2016

I use tea on my hair..I think you should too!

Hello again!


 I can sometimes be a major procrastinator because I suppose to do this post like a month ago on tea rinses. So let me get straight  on with it.
After I did my first tea rinse, I immediately knew that it will be a keeper! One of the things that stood out for me about tea rinsing is that it decreases shedding and thickens the hair. Tea rinsing also strengthens hair. After reading up on tea rinses, I knew I just had to give it a try.
Tea cleanses the scalp by removing build up. Black tea contains caffeine so it may cause possible hair growth too. The first time I tried it, I noticed a significant difference. I simply loved it!
But my hair was very dry due to the fact that I didn't rinse the tea out.

So I tried different methods to get the best results for my hair. There are many different types of teas that you can choose from and they each have their benefits too.
Green tea reduces shedding and stimulates hair growth. It  has been known to soothe and reduce inflammation of the scalp as well as psoriasis.
Black tea strengthens the hair and helps with dandruff issues. I just recently discovered that a cup of black tea contains more caffeine than a cup of coffee! Kind of weird, right?
Here's how I tea rinse: 
I tea rinse after I've washed my hair and before I deep condition. I found that tea can be very drying too, so always follow up with a deep conditioner. I use four tea bags. You can use more or less if you like.


Two of which is green tea and two of chai tea, I love chai because of the cardamon and cinnamon. ( bonus). I let it steep until fully cooled down then I  add a few drops of peppermint essential oil. You can choose any essential oil of your choice. You can even try adding some acv or lemon juice too. After I wash and rinse my hair, I pour the cooled tea over my hair and massage. My scalp sings thank, thank you, thank you... because of the peppermint, I love it! I then apply deep conditioner over it, for me this seals in the goodness of the tea. I wrap my head and leave it on for an hour. I rinse thoroughly, then I proceed to moisturise and style. I usually do twists.
There are a  variety of ways to tea rinse. Again-  keep in mind that tea  can make your hair a bit hard, so deep condition and moisturise thoroughly. Some naturals pour the tea into a spray bottle and spray on the scalp and hair.
You can do the tea rinse, massage and rinse off, then deep condition. You have to try different methods to find the best possible one for you.
Before I end I must add that since I'm doing the tea rinsing, hair shedding is practically zero - woot woot! Tea rinsing will definitely be a staple in my regimen. Oh; one more thing - your hair darkens over time with black tea as you use it constantly.
I'll be trying out the coffee rinse soon...
Are you doing tea rinses too? What do you think of it?
Until next time,
Stay Natural  - Stay Magical
Xoxo - Marlene Louw


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Let's get picture ready!

What's up Magicals!         Last month I purchased an Essence  concealer at Dischem , they were having a sale, and you guys know ...