Skip to main content

DIY flaxseed gel...

Hello all!

I've never been one for gels cos most gels I've tried  left my hair 'kliphard' and dry. Besides that I could never get wash n go's right anyways.



It took me like forever to try the Flaxseed gel and gal I'm converted!
Flaxseeds are great for our hair and skin. They contain omega 3 and what I like more is that they are affordable.

This gel is light, non greasy, not sticky Aaand...wait for it- doesn't leave no white chunks in your hair!


I applied the gel on dry hair section by section. This way every strand is coated. My curls popped instantly. My hair was super soft with a nice sheen to it. Instant wash n go - whoopa!

It can be used for twists, plaits, puffs


 or to sleek your hair in a ponytail or just as a styler depends on you.

Always store in the refrigerator. Use an air tight container. Play around with this recipe the options are endless.
The longer you boil it and the more seeds you use, will make your gel thicker.

Take a look at the video I did on how I made my flaxseed gel. Hope you find it helpful and hit the subscription button okay!


Much love...Stay Magical

Popular posts from this blog

Nature's Gate silicone free conditioner

Hi there!

As you already know I'm a sucker for conditioners -  and I'm always scouting for new and better ones.
I first saw Nature's Gate conditioner at Dischem. I didn't really take much notice of it but when I realised that they are  silicone, paraben and sulphate free my curiosity got aroused. I don't hear much about this brand in the natural community world. It doesn't contain  any harsh or synthetic ingredients.
Aloe vera and macadamia oil caught my attention so I bought two.

Ingredients Water, stearyl alcohol, glycerin, cetyl alcohol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, benzyl alcohol, stearalkonium chloride, panthenol, sclerotium gum, hydrolyzed quinoa, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, borago officinalis (borage) seed oil, macadamia ternifolia (macadamia) seed oil, tocopherol, ascorbic acid, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, persea gratissima (avocado) fruit extract, viola tricolor (pansy) extract, sesamum indi…

Diy African Black Soap ( sulphate free ) shampoo*

Hey there curlies!

Don't you just love a product that is budget friendly, has multi usage benefits... Aaand... works ridiculously well too?
African Black soap happens to be one of those- I've been using this soap for about a year. My hair never feels stripped or crunchy but clean and moisturised(?)  No shampoo has ever left my hair moisturised before.
African black soap has some healing properties and is antifungal. Its known to help with scalp and skin conditions such as eczema, dandruff, psoriasis and other irritations you may have going on up there. As you know- getting rid  of scalp issues helps promote a healthy environment for your hair to grow.


I have a soft spot for this soap because it's all natural I can never go wrong with that. My staple is ABS; it's cheaper and more effective than experimenting with other shampoos.  Anyways let's get on with it- 
Here's what I used:)
Black Soap pictured above
11/2 cups of water
 glycerine
 honey
 my oil mix containi…

Gone bananas...Purity DIY bomb combo...

Hi ya'll!

I noticed the happiness of my hair ever since I started DIY-ing my own deep conditioners.
I love mixing up concoctions in my kitchen just for the love of my hair and I've become quite the mixtress....


 Thanks to Maxine Arnold- much love to this natural hair queen- find out all about her journey and regimen here. She introduced us to the banana Purity. I hate putting food on my hair but Purity was just the perfect solution! I named it 'my bomb combo' cos thats exactly what it is. It's filled with moisturizing goodness!

I did some research and here's what I found:
Bananas are rich in vitamins, potassium and calcium.
Great for hair growth
Helps with hair fall Has healing properties
Gives shine and moisturises and the list goes on....

It's everything for dry, course and brittle hair. My hair feels stronger and is shinier everytime- it's all kinds of awesomeness...
Now I'm always switching things up depending on the needs of my hair, so play ar…