Skip to main content

Pre-poo for what?

I'm back!

I found it hard to see the sense of pre-pooing my hair cos it is gonna get washed away right? 
Eventually when I did give it a try I was hooked!
My hair use to be very dry and course at the centre of my head. That hair on the centre of my head was always short because it was always dry. Since I  started pre-pooing that patch is grown and is soft aaand...moisturised.  It makes a world of a difference trust me...

So pre-poo for what?


              You can use whatever oils you already have.

We apply pre-poo before we shampoo our hair.
 Pre-pooing retains moisture and makes detangling a breeze.
You will definitely notice less breakage, doing this step gets your hair prepared for the manipulation of the washing process.
         

Use whatever you fancy. I've used oils only, then I started mixing in the conditioners that I've  bought and don't like- with an essential oil.      
The options are endless...

I co-wash one week and wash the next week. When I co-wash I don't pre-poo. I apply the night before my morning wash. 

Check out this video I did on how easy it is to pre-poo.


And be sure to like and subscribe too!

Keep the Magic 

Popular posts from this blog

Nature's Gate silicone free conditioner

Hi there!

As you already know I'm a sucker for conditioners -  and I'm always scouting for new and better ones.
I first saw Nature's Gate conditioner at Dischem. I didn't really take much notice of it but when I realised that they are  silicone, paraben and sulphate free my curiosity got aroused. I don't hear much about this brand in the natural community world. It doesn't contain  any harsh or synthetic ingredients.
Aloe vera and macadamia oil caught my attention so I bought two.

Ingredients Water, stearyl alcohol, glycerin, cetyl alcohol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, benzyl alcohol, stearalkonium chloride, panthenol, sclerotium gum, hydrolyzed quinoa, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, borago officinalis (borage) seed oil, macadamia ternifolia (macadamia) seed oil, tocopherol, ascorbic acid, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, persea gratissima (avocado) fruit extract, viola tricolor (pansy) extract, sesamum indi…

Diy African Black Soap ( sulphate free ) shampoo*

Hey there curlies!

Don't you just love a product that is budget friendly, has multi usage benefits... Aaand... works ridiculously well too?
African Black soap happens to be one of those- I've been using this soap for about a year. My hair never feels stripped or crunchy but clean and moisturised(?)  No shampoo has ever left my hair moisturised before.
African black soap has some healing properties and is antifungal. Its known to help with scalp and skin conditions such as eczema, dandruff, psoriasis and other irritations you may have going on up there. As you know- getting rid  of scalp issues helps promote a healthy environment for your hair to grow.


I have a soft spot for this soap because it's all natural I can never go wrong with that. My staple is ABS; it's cheaper and more effective than experimenting with other shampoos.  Anyways let's get on with it- 
Here's what I used:)
Black Soap pictured above
11/2 cups of water
 glycerine
 honey
 my oil mix containi…

Gone bananas...Purity DIY bomb combo...

Hi ya'll!

I noticed the happiness of my hair ever since I started DIY-ing my own deep conditioners.
I love mixing up concoctions in my kitchen just for the love of my hair and I've become quite the mixtress....


 Thanks to Maxine Arnold- much love to this natural hair queen- find out all about her journey and regimen here. She introduced us to the banana Purity. I hate putting food on my hair but Purity was just the perfect solution! I named it 'my bomb combo' cos thats exactly what it is. It's filled with moisturizing goodness!

I did some research and here's what I found:
Bananas are rich in vitamins, potassium and calcium.
Great for hair growth
Helps with hair fall Has healing properties
Gives shine and moisturises and the list goes on....

It's everything for dry, course and brittle hair. My hair feels stronger and is shinier everytime- it's all kinds of awesomeness...
Now I'm always switching things up depending on the needs of my hair, so play ar…