Wednesday 11 July 2018

Gal behind the magicalmessyhair...Tayane

I'm excited to introduce to you a curly I met on Instagram. I was taken  by her love for children, not to mention her smooth dance moves ( Ayo & Teo please sit down) 😆

Meet Tayane!


1 Please introduce yourself?
I am Tayane Lee Arends, a 26 year old female from Cape Town. I am passionate about the arts, sneakers, empowering my community, hair, beauty and fashion. I am an entrepreneur and busy building my empire one day at a time.

2 How long have you been natural?
I have been natural since the age of 13 which is 13 years with blowouts in between. In 2011, I decided to take better care of my hair and started using less heat  as I received more knowledge on how to maintain my hair.


3 What or who inspired you to return to natural?
I was tired of my hair always "mincing" Frizzing up after I would do my own blowout and stopped doing it myself. I thought I was bad at doing my own hair, only to find out I'm quite good. All I  just needed was  the right products and information.
.
4 Have you ever had a setback with your hair?
After I went for an operation in February this year I was on a liquid diet which turned to soft foods for 4 months and my hair suffered and started breaking off. I did all the treatments but because of the drastic diet change my hair wasn't having a good time. When I was able to get back to my normal diet and eat properly I decided to cut 50 % of my hair. Almost like a mini big chop. Since then my hair has been growing and became healthy again. 

5 What advice would you give to someone considering returning to natural?  


It's not an easy journey so be prepared for tears, frustration, long hours, sore arms and unexpected wash n go results. However there are way more benefits. It's  a beautiful journey towards self discovery.

6 What do you love about your current 
journey?
I love how my hair speaks to me. When  something is wrong I can feel it and when it's healthy I can see the glow.

7 Describe your hair in one sentence?
My hair is a crown that keeps shining and commands attention.



8 What are your favourite products that 
you can't live  without?
I can't do without The Perfect Hair Styler and  deep conditioner.  Sjoe! those creams do  wonders to my hair. My Natural Hair Strengthening Oil is amazing.

 9 What is your regimen like? 
I first do a cleansing co-wash. I believe in deep conditioning after every wash to keep my curls in order. I then use the styler and oil - and then my wash day is complete.

10 Do you have a side hustle that you'd like to share? business/ projects.. 


My side hustle would be selling accessories to take care of hair such, as satin pillowcases, satin pom poms, wide tooth comb as well as helping others transition to natural hair by guiding them with information. 


P.S. If you'd like to be featured as a Magicalmessyme curly then join my Facebook group and be part of the sisterhood! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Let's get picture ready!

What's up Magicals!         Last month I purchased an Essence  concealer at Dischem , they were having a sale, and you guys know ...