Saturday 14 July 2018

How I Co-wash...


I co-wash my hair  in between washes. It all depends on the how my hair feels (our hair talks  so pay attention)
Check out this post on co-washing.  


For me, I use conditioner when I want to refresh and add some softness  to my hair.  I co-wash to  gently remove the oils and build up from the styling products. I  co-wash my hair if I want  clean hair-  but not as squeaky clean as a shampoo would.


My hair is bleached and co-washing helps with not making the colour look stripped. 
 Co-washing refreshes  my hair until my next wash day, and keeps my thick, thirsty hair moisturised. 
         

There are all sorts of conditioners in my stash- but I find myself  reaching for Tresemme conditioners. I've been using them since the start of my hair journey.
         

This one is the truth!


This one is for remoisure. I instantly  feel the difference after using it and I love that it has a bit of a  foamy lather.
The label states that it  cleanses and replenishes and it does just that, also all Tressemme conditioners detangles my hair nicely. These bottles are huge which means I save quite a bit.
     
 
                 After co-washing 
Here's what I did:
 Firstly, I rinse, rinse and rinse, to  loosen the build up.

I apply some conditioner and rub.  Then I add  more, massaging the ends because I tend to moisturise them a little extra.     
When every strand is coated I detangle.  I covered my head with a shower cap for 5 minutes and afterwards I rinsed.

              After moisturising

Next I  used AfroBotanics deep penetrating deep conditioner, I  left it on for an hour using a shower cap.
       

Lastly  I moisturised and I was ready to style.


I have low porosity hair and my  hair craves water-  refreshing my hair by co-washing creates the perfect balance.

Remember that co-washing can't replace  shampoo. I know my hair and scalp and I won't be able to eliminate shampooing completely.

Is co-washing part of your regimen?

Like and share if you enjoyed this post because sharing is caring:)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Let's get picture ready!

What's up Magicals!         Last month I purchased an Essence  concealer at Dischem , they were having a sale, and you guys know ...