Tuesday 10 July 2018

Gal behind the magicalmessyhair...Whitney


For a few weeks I'll be featuring some gorgeous curlies from my Facebook group. I'm happy to introduce you to a smart young lady, read all the way to the end to find out about her blooming business.

Meet Whitney

1 Please introduce yourself?
My name is Whitney and I'm currently doing my honours at NWU. 

2 How long have you been natural? 
   I've been natural since 2012. 
 
3 What or who inspired you to return to natural?
    My hair colour was actually turning gold  due to using relaxers for so long. I also   wasnt seeing any change in the length of  my hair. After discussing these issues  with  a close  friend of mine, we both  decided to go natural. 

      
4 Have you ever had a setback with your hair? 
Yes. I experienced a lot of breakage towards the end of last year. It was the most prominent on wash day. While washing, I'd see huge clumps of hair just falling to the floor. My heart was so sore. I then did a simple ayurvedic routine for about a month and all was right with the world again lol. 

5 What advice would you give to someone considering returning to natural? 
Read up as much as you can on natural hair and to watch YouTube videos. When i first started, I was winging it. I treated my natural hair the same way I did when it was relaxed. 

6 What do you love about your current 
journey?


I've finally managed to figure out what works for me and I now have a set routine. 

7 Describe your hair in one sentence?
    Voluminous 

8 What are your favourite products that 
you can't live  without?
    Wide tooth Afro Comb
     And Grapeseed oil
 
9)What is your regimen like? 
    1. Pre-poo using a mixture of oils. Usually  overnight, but if that's not possible, then  for 30 mins with my microwavable heat  cap
    2. Use a shampoo or my DIY african black   soap shampoo 
    3. Deep Condition using a deep                         conditioner then detangle. 
   4. Use my microwavable heat cap with the  conditioner on for about 20 - 30 min
   5. Rinse out the deep conditioner and then     apply aloe juice or my leave in conditioner. 
   6. Then apply Grapeseed oil and  a butter.


10) Do you have a side hustle that you'd like to share? business/ projects.. 
   Together with my sister, we run an online store that sells Microwavable deep conditioning heat caps and other hair care goodies. There'll also be a blog          coming up soon. You'll find all of this on   www.naturalconfidence.co.za

P.S. If you'd like to be featured as a Magicalmessyme curly then join my Facebook group and be part of the sisterhood! 

Until next time Magicals 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Let's get picture ready!

What's up Magicals!         Last month I purchased an Essence  concealer at Dischem , they were having a sale, and you guys know ...