Wednesday 25 July 2018

Meet Racquel...


We met on Instagram- I really like her calmness in front of the camera...when will I get there🤔 Anyways I finally get to feature this beauty that owns literally all the hair products that I can only dream of...
Meet Racquel
.
.
.


1) Please share with us a little bit about yourself?
My name is Racquel Barth and I am a natural hair and skin care enthusiast. My blog
focuses on natural hair and I occasionally dabble in skin care.
I have spent the last eight years living and working in different countries across Asia
and The Middle East. Moving outside of South Africa, and my comfort zone, helped me
to accept who I am and most importantly accept my hair texture. Hair is so important,
and not having a salon to go to, pushed me to learn more about my hair. And that’s how
my hair journey started. I have been natural for five years, and it has been an amazing
journey. It wasn’t easy, but so worth it.

2) What inspired you to embrace your natural-ness?
I had been relaxing my hair for years, and one day it occurred to me that I used to have curly hair. And it made me think, what happened to my curls? Why doesn’t it curl anymore? And that is how my journey started. My damaged hair inspired me to embrace my natural-ness.

3) Did you transition or did you do the Big Chop? 
I transitioned for 7 months and then I big chopped. 

4) What is your regimen like? 
Step 1: Cleanse (Shampoo)
Step 2: Deep Condition for an hour.
Step 3: Apple Cider Vinegar and Rose Water Rinse.
Step 4: Apply Leave -in Conditioner and Detangle.
Step 5: Gel
Step 6: Natural Oil



5) Name your favourite products that you cannot do without? 
As I Am Curl Defining Jelly
Aphogee Curlific Curl Definer
Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen and Restore Shampoo
OGX Weightless Healing Oil Spray

I have different hair textures and curl types. At the back of my hair my curls are tight and coily (type 4). The middle of my hair has a looser type 3 curl, so I have a mixture of type 3 and 4. My hair has a mind of its own, as most curly hair does, it loves moisture and being free ( in a wash and go). 



7) Share your hair hacks or tips that have worked for you or any hair techniques you'd like us to know about.
Tip 1: Daily scalp massages will help your hair to grow.
Tip 2: Finger detangling works best for my hair, it also prevents breakage leading to longer hair.
Tip 3: A satin pillow care (Mr.Price Home) - it keeps your hair moisturized and hydrated.

8) How long are you blogging for? Tell us about your blog?
I started my blog four years ago and then I stopped blogging. I decided to revive my blog a few months ago. So, THECURLFACTORY.BLOG is only a few months old. On THECURLFACTORY.BLOG, you will find product reviews, and natural hair care and
skin care tips to help you along your journey. If you are thinking about embracing your
natural hair, transitioning to natural hair, or if you are already natural then
THECURLFACTORY,BLOG is for you. I love trying new products, and on
THECURLFACTORY.BLOG you will see products that are not yet available in South
Africa, so naturals are introduced to new products, and get familiar with them before
they hit the hair care shelves in South Africa.
I started THECURLFACTORY.BLOG, to share my knowledge and help women with
their natural hair. The THECURLFACTORY.BLOG is a safe place for women to ask
questions, and most importantly it is a place of knowledge and information. I have
acquired a lot of knowledge along my journey, and THECURLFACTORY.BLOG is the
place where I can share it all with you.
  

9) What inspired you to blog? 
I had a desire to share what I had learned along the way. And people asking me, “How do you get your hair like that?”


10) Tell us about your hustle/ projects that you working on?
At this point in time, my focus is The Curl Factory. I am working on growing my Youtube, Instagram and Facebook platforms. Producing great content and helping people who are on their natural hair journey.

Here are my social media handles:
My social media handles are:
Instagram:@RacquelCurlFactory
Facebook:@The Curl Factory
YouTube: @The Curl Factory

So much curls there! Head on over and connect with my girl, her blog is amazing.

Aaand if you'd like to get featured hola at me on  Instagram.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Let's get picture ready!

What's up Magicals!         Last month I purchased an Essence  concealer at Dischem , they were having a sale, and you guys know ...