Tuesday 24 July 2018

Meet MagicalmessyFredelene...


Hieey everyone this week I'm starting off with another curlfriend. I met her when she joined my Facebook group. She makes some amazing wigs!
She definitely dropped a whole lot of knowledge so be sure to read all the way to the end. Meet Fredelene...


1 Please introduce yourself?
1. Fredelene Coert

2 How long have you been natural?
2. I transitioned. My last relaxer was in June 2017. I had my big chop in March 2018

3 What or who inspired you to return to natural?
3. Nobody in particular. My hair felt and looked tired after about 2 decades of relaxer. 
This is my story:
"So Mom started relaxing my hair from the age of 9. I remember that I was going to be part of my aunt's wedding at the time and my hair was just not "looking" the part. So relaxer it was, but she did not know about the maintenance that came with it. Her baby sister would be washing, blow drying and cutting my hair and eventually I started maintaining my own hair during my teenage years with the help of a friend or two. 

By the time I could eventually afford Salon prices on a monthly basis, my hair had already seen the worst, from heat damage to breakage and grey hair were just multiplying because of all the hair colour that I used. 



I joined the gym few years ago and just felt like I am wasting my time by washing and blow drying my hair once or twice a week only to cover it in sweat the next day and having to repeat the same process. This also damaged my hair alot. I then decided that I am not blow frying my hair anymore and just to wash and air dry it. This also ended up in a disaster because my hair would just end up being hard and tangled up, which caused breakage. 

Last year July, I braided my hair because I just needed a break from my hair during Winter. When I took out the braids, I was not sure of what to do next and continued with another protective style from there. I then decided that I am not relaxing my hair and that I want to transition back to my original natural hair.


 My mom told me that I am crazy when I told her about me transitioning and my little sister told me that I am always experimenting. I told them that I will learn how to manage it and that it is high time that I embrace the hair that grows from my scalp, after all if my hair was suppose to be straight, I would have been born with it. I started searching for pages and groups on facebook and joined. I have been learning from these groups and was successful in my transition. I had my big chop in March 2018.  I am excited about my new journey and I am still learning. #Embracingmykroes"

4 Have you ever had a setback with your hair? 
4.No, not yet.

5 What advice would you give to someone considering returning to natural?
5. Research, Research and more research. It requires commitment, so you have to be mentally prepared and ready, especially if you have type 4 hair.

6 What do you love about your current 
journey?
6. My natural hair is all new to me. I like the texture and what my hair can do, it surprises me all the time. Whenever I wash my hair and style it in a different way, I look forward to the outcome. I have learnt that it is all about technique, the more attention you pay to the detail, the better the outcome of the style that you are trying to achieve.


7 Describe your hair in one sentence?
7. My crown, embracing my kroes. 

8 What are your favourite products that 
you can't live  without?
8. Cantu leave in conditioner and coconut oil has been my go to products since I started the journey and I still use them.



9)What is your regimen like?
9. Wash days for me is once, every 2 weeks now that its winter. Week 1, I wear a wig with twists or plaits underneath and on week 2, I  undo my twists/plaits and watch my hair make magic. I use the LCO method on wash days and repeat it after week 1 on my twists/plaits. I deep condition once a month. I do not dry my hair with a hair dryer, I air dry my hair. I can't  wait for Summer to try out some summer styles like wash n gos...




10) Do you have a side hustle that you'd like to share? business/ projects..
10. I make and sell wigs.  I'm always researching about hair lol. My next goal is to learn how to cornrow hair in  different styles. I practise on my daughter's hair.

You can follow me on facebook and instagram:
Instragram: crownsforqueens1

Lovely stuff Fredelene hopefully I'll be wearing one of your lovely wigs real soon!

Like and share curlies if you found this post inspiring.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Let's get picture ready!

What's up Magicals!         Last month I purchased an Essence  concealer at Dischem , they were having a sale, and you guys know ...