Sunday 8 July 2018

Wash Day...

     

Yesterday I had to mentally prepare myself to wash my hair. Since I've  coloured my hair, I've changed a few things to my regimen.
I absolutely have to cleanse or refresh my hair at least once a week.

   
Here's what my wash day looked like:

Pre-poo



I only pre-poo when I use a shampoo or cleansing bar.
I used coconut oil to pre-poo for about thirty minutes. First I sectioned my hair in half. I  sprayed my hair with a little  water then applied the coconut oil. Besides the amazing benefits, coconut oil penetrates the hair in ways that other oils are not able to. It makes my hair soft and shiny that's why I use it mostly.

Cleanse



I washed my hair with Black African soap, the Dudu Osun brand. I've been using this soap since the start of my hair journey, and I love that  it clarifies my hair without stripping it. My hair always feels nice and soft after I use it.

Condition



Nature's Gate conditioner smells divine and is very thick. I left it on my hair for ten minutes then rinsed it out. I always condition my hair after washing.

Hot oil treatments
Again I used the coconut oil. Since  my hair is coloured, I've taken extra care to boost the health of my hair, by  doing regular hot oil treatments. This step ensures that  my hair stays  strong and nourished. I kept it on for thirty minutes and didn't rinse it out because I applied the deep treatment afterwards.

Deep treatment 
I used  the Shea Moisture hair masque afterwards, then covered my head with  a shower cap.  Some heat from my blowdryer to get the maximum effect and because I'm low porosity.  I kept the treatment on for an hour then rinsed thoroughly. It was my first time using this brand.

Moisturise



I used Carol's Daughter leave-in and Cantu growth cream. Here I detangled using the Wet brush.


The Wet brush is a magical tool! I've always had trouble detangling my hair but after using this brush for the first time yesterday I was stunned...


The bristles move and bend with your hair so that your hair won't rip.


My wash days vary depending on the state of my hair, and I also sometimes  like diy-ng my deep conditioning treatments. I don't always pre-poo and do a hot oil treatment- but my hair seriously needed to be revived, and coconut oil hits the spot😀

Side note - I received the brush with most of these products from the #ClicksCurls event.
 I  don't feel the need to buy  them (you know which ones I'm referring to) - even if I won the lotto😅 I have plenty of products in my stash that work the same, if not better...#nognooit. 

Share your wash day steps in the comments below.

Until next time - Magicals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Let's get picture ready!

What's up Magicals!         Last month I purchased an Essence  concealer at Dischem , they were having a sale, and you guys know ...