Thursday 19 July 2018

Meet MagicalmessyMarion...

Yay it's almost the weekend- I'm excited because I'm going away for the weekend!

Anyways back to the lovely curly- So this beauty is a go -getter with  beautiful curls. She was diagnosed with alopecia but she didn't  let that deter her. Check out her inspiring natural hair journey.

Meet Marion
.
.

1 Please introduce yourself?



My name is Marion Hermans. I'm crazy but cute lol (Still a toss up between which is more dominant hehe). I am a mom to 2 beautiful boys and a wife to a handsome gentleman. I am a creative, and I  love teaching others. This passion has pushed me into a path of entrepreneurial bliss! I love to laugh and mess around. Laughter is the best medicine after all. :-)

2 How long have you been natural?
I've been natural since 2011 when I started growing dreadlocks. This was also the year I became a mom and gave up on trying to perfect my hair according to the world's standards. I had loads of stares, prejudices and comments about my dreads and what I chose to do with my hair. But... I laughed most of them off.

3 What or who inspired you to return to natural?



My sister. Our whole lives she never relaxed her hair. Not once did she consider conforming. And she wore her afro with pride and looked as beautiful as ever.


4 Have you ever had a setback with your hair? 
I was diagnosed with alopecia during my natural journey. This was the toughest thing to hear. My hair is my brand and it was hard for me to hear that these bald patches were going to be a permanent part of my life. The more I think about it, the more obvious it should've been when I was younger. But because I didn't have the knowledge back then, It definitely wasn't on my radar.
 I never really had hair on my legs or arms and I have very little eyebrows LOL. BUT, I thought I was just one of the lucky ones amongst my school friends who had to struggle with hairy body parts... lol.
 Since starting my natural journey, I've learned so much about hair and especially my OWN hair that I don't see alopecia as a setback anymore. It's just part of my life.

5 What advice would you give to someone considering returning to natural?

My advice is do it for the right reason. Not because it's a "trend" or because you want to look like someone you've seen on Instagram. Do it for yourself. You are more likely to have a fulfilling journey while on this path to natural hair and natural self. Your goals will be reached with the RIGHT motivation behind what you are doing.

6 What do you love about your current journey?
I love the freedom... to be me, to walk through wind and not have to fix/flatten my hair lol, the confidence to be carefree, the amazing souls I have met during this process. To be honest, I LOVE EVERYTHING this journey has laid in front of me so far :-)

7 Describe your hair in one sentence?
My hair is my OWN: I own it... and... I OWN it! ;-)


8 What are your favourite products that 
you can't live  without?
Everything from my kitchen lol. Store products: Buuya intense mask, My Natural Hair, the whole range except the curling cream. 


9)What is your regimen like?
A prepoo is always the start of my wash day. Followed by a cleanse with either bentonite or ACV. I always deep condition with each wash. And then style by plaiting my hair into a protective style for 2 weeks. The less touching, the better for my alopecia and me!

10) Do you have a side hustle that you'd like to share? business/ projects..
In 2017, I started a lifestyle brand called Marley Grey. I provide satin protection for hair (not just natural hair), accessories, as well as personalised hair care to the natural community. My products are mainly handmade and I try to be as affordable as possible for people from ALL walks of life. I collaborate with many other brands in order to build up sisterhood in South Africa.

Be blessed with big hair...

Marion Hermans
Director at Marley Grey

Email: marleygreylife@gmail.com
Facebook: Marley Grey Accessories
Instagram: Marley Grey
Whatsapp: 0720552574 (During office hours)


Like and share if you  loved Marion's feature and because sharing is caring:)

If you'd like to be featured too then join my Facebook group Magicalmessyme



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Let's get picture ready!

What's up Magicals!         Last month I purchased an Essence  concealer at Dischem , they were having a sale, and you guys know ...